William (in Dutch: Willem) I, Count of Nassau-Dillenburg was born on
April 10th. 1487 in Dillenburg (Germany).
His parents were John V of Nassau-Dillenburg and Landgravine
Elisabeth of Hesse-Marburg.
Love & Marriage
On October 29th. 1506 William married Countess Walburga of Egmont.
They would have two daughters. His first wife died in 1529.
On September 20th. 1531 William married Countess Juliana of Stolberg-
Wernigerode. They would have 12 children!
Through his children he is a descendant of Princes Beatrix of The Netherlands
and King Willem-Alexander.
William I "The Rich", Count of Nassau came from his huge number of
William I, Count of Nassau-Dillenburg died on October 6th. 1559.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books Magazines Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now