June 2nd. 1737 marks the birth of Ernest Augustus II Constantine.
This took place in Weimar, Germany.
Ernest Augustus II was the eldest and only surviving son of
Ernst August I, Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach and
Sophie Charlotte of Brandenburg-Bayreuth.
When Ernest Augustus II was 11 years old, in 1748, his father died.
Duke Frederick III of Saxe-Coburg-Altenburg and
Duke Franz Josias of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld were regents of
the Duchy of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach.
The young Duke, Ernest Augustus II moved to Duke Frederick in
Gotha. Duke Frederick made sure that Ernest Augustus II received
a proper education.
At the age of 18, in 1755 Ernest Augustus II started to reign.
However chancellors advised him to marry quickly to pronounce an
heir for his Duchy. This was due to his illness as a child.
Love and Marriage
On March 16th. 1756 Ernest Augustus II married Duchess
Anna Amalia of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel.
They would have 2 sons.
Ernest Augustus II, Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach died on
May 28th. 1758 at the age of 20.
His eldest son was still a minor, however Anna Amalia of
Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel took up the role as regent and she
did that very well as she turned the Duchy into the
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books Magazines Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now