Marie of Brabant was born on May 13th. 1254 in Leuven (now located in Belgium).
Her parents were Henry III, Duke of Brabant and Adelaide of Burgundy.
Marie of Brabant was by birth a member of the Noble House of Reginar.
Love and Marriage
On August 21st. 1274 Marie of Brabant married Philip III of France.
Philip III of France was a widower and his first wife Isabella already gave him
Marie of Brabant and Philip III of France also had three children:
- Louis d'Évreaux;
- Margaret (who would marry King Edward I of England);
- Blanche (who would marry Rudolf I of Bohemia).
At the Royal Court
Philip III of France was strongly influenced by his mother Margaret of Provence
and Marie wasn't popular at all.
When Marie's stepson Louis died under suspicious circumstances, she
In the later years Philip III of France did seem more agree with his mother than
with his wife.
In a convent
From 1285 (after the death of King Philip III of France), Marie of Brabant
went to a monastery.
Marie of Brabant died on January 12th. 1322 (or 1321) in the monastery of
Les Mureaux near Meulan (France).
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now