On May 7th. 1586, Francesco IV Gonzaga was born in Mantua (now Italy).
His parents were Vincenzo Gonzaga, Duke of Mantua and
Eleanor de' Medici.
Francesco was the brother of inter alia:
- Ferdinand I, who became later Duke of Mantua;
- Margerita, who became Duchess of Lorraine;
- Vincenzo II, who became later Duke of Mantua;
- Eleonora, Holy Roman Empress (wife of Ferdinand II).
Love & Marriage
On February 19th. 1608, Francesco IV Gonzaga married Margaret of Savoy.
She was the daughter of Charles Emmanuel I, Duke of Savoy.
They would have 3 children, however two of them died very young. Only
one daughter survived childhood.
In February 1612 Francesco IV Gonzaga became Duke of Mantua.
On December 22nd. 1612 Francesco IV Gonzaga died without male heirs.
He was succeeded by his brother Ferdinand.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now