On June 29th. 1475 a very noble girl was born. She received the name:
Beatrice d' Este. This birth took place in Ferrara, Italy.
Her parents were Ercole I d' Este and Leonora of Naples. One of
Beatrice 's siblings, Isabella, married Francesco II Gonzaga,
Marquess of Mantua.
Love and Marriage
In 1480, to obtain an alliance, Ludovico Sforza asked formally
for Beatrice's hand by her father.
Small detail: Ludovico first asked the hand of Beatrice 's elder
sister: Isabella. She was already promised to Francesco II Gonzaga.
Although Ludovico didn't make an objection to marry Beatrice.
In January 1491 a double wedding took place:
Beatrice d' Este and Ludovico Sforza
Alfonso d' Este (Beatrice's brother) and Anna Sforza (Ludovico's niece).
Beatrice and Ludovico would have two children.
Life at the court
Beatrice d' Este was educated very well. She liked the Milanese court
immediately. Beatrice made from the Sforza Castle a place full of
splendid festivals and balls. She was entertained by philosophers, poets,
diplomats and soldiers.
Beatrice d' Este died due to a childbirth on January 3rd. 1497 at the age
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now