Princess Louise of France was born on July 15th. 1737 at the Royal Palace of
Her parents were King Louis XV of France and Maria Leszczynska (daughter
of King Stanislaw I of Poland).
When none of King Louis' plans of a marriage for Princess Louise, came to
something, she sought consolation in her religion.
In 1770, Princess Louise asked her father to become a Carmelite nun and she
joined the convent at Saint-Denis. On October 1st. 1771 Princess Louise gave
her vows and she was fully accepted in the order. On November 25th. 1773,
Princess Louise became a prioress of the convent.
In the order, Princess Louise took the name of Thérèse of Saint Augustine.
On May 26th. 1774, two weeks after the death of her father, Princess Louise
was visited by her nephew King Louis XVI.
Princess Louise died on December 23rd. 1787 at the age of 50.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now