and Lady Diana Spencer.
The ceremony was a traditional Church of England wedding ceremony in the
gorgeous St. Paul's Cathedral in London.
|St Paul's Cathedral in London own picture taken in 2016|
Charles, Prince of Wales took interest in her as a potential bride in the summer of
1980, when they were guests at a country weekend. Later the Prince invited
Lady Diana Spencer for a sailing weekend to Cowes on board of the Royal
Brittania. Later Lady Diana was invited at Balmoral Castle where she was well
received by the Queen, Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen mother.
On February 24st. 1481 their engagement became official. Lady Diana Spencer
selected a large diamond engagement ring with a blue sapphire.
Around 3500 guests attended the wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales and
Lady Diana Spencer. The couple chose St. Paul's cathedral above Westminster
For Belgium, King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola attended the wedding of
Other Royal Guests were inter alia:
- King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and Queen Silvia,
- Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and her husband Prince Henrik,
- (now) King Harald of Norway (King from 1991) and Queen Sonja,
- King Olaf of Norway (father of King Harald),
- Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands and her husband Prince Claus.
Lady Diana Spencer wore a dress with an ivory silk taffeta. It was designed by
Elizabeth and her husband David Emanuel. On this link you see a picture of the