July 2nd. 1698 marks the birth of Francesco Maria d' Este.
This took place at the Ducal Palace of Modena (now Italy).
Duchy of Modena
The Duchy of Modena was formed in 1452. In 1849 the
Duchy was annexed by Piedmont-Sardinia.
His parents were Rinaldo d' Este, Duke of Modena and
Duchess Charlotte of Brunswick-Lünenburg.
Love and Marriage
Francesco III d' Este married Charlotte Aglaé d' Orléans.
She was the daughter of Philippe d' Orléans and
Françoise Marie de Bourbon.
The couple would have ten children.
On October 26th. 1737, Francesco III d' Este became Duke
of Modena and Reggio.
During his reign he had to deal with high debts. This was
caused by Wars of the Spanish, Polish and Austrian succession.
Therefore, Francesco had to sell a lot of art works from the
Francesco III d' Este died on February 22nd. 1780 at the age of 81.
Source pictures: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now