Anne of Austria was born on August 16th. 1573 in Graz, Austria
Her parents were Charles II, Archduke of Austria and
Maria Anna of Bavaria. By birth, Anne of Austria was a member
of the House of Habsburg.
Love and Marriage
On May 31st. 1592, Anne of Austria became the first wife of
King Sigismund of Poland. They would have five children.
Only one child: Wladyslaw survived childhood.
In May 1592, Anne was crowned Queen of Poland by
On February 19th. 1594, Anne was crowned Queen of Sweden
too. In Sweden, she had a conflict with the Dowager Queen,
Gunilla Bielke about religious reasons. Anne also accused the
Dowager Queen for taking valuable things from the palace.
Anne didn't like to show herself to the Swedish people, in her
eyes, they were rebels. She left Sweden in July 1594.
On February 10th. 1598, Anne of Austria died in Warsaw,
Poland. She was buried at the Wawel Cathedral in Kraków, Poland.
Source Picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books Magazines Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now