Joseph Wenzel was born on August 9th. 1696 in Prague.
His parents were Prince Philip Erasmus of Liechtenstein and
Countess Christina Theresa von Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rochefort.
Prince Joseph Wenzel entered the army. He firstly was a general and
a successful campaigner.In 1745 he became Generalissimo in Italy
and later, in 1753 he was made General Chief Commander in
Hungary. He also reorganized the Habsburg artillery.
Between 1735 and 1736 he was Imperial Envoy in Berlin and
he was Ambassador in Paris from 1712 till 1718.
Prince Joseph Wenzel also was a Knight in the Austrian order of
the Golden Fleece.
Love and Marriage
Prince Joseph Wenzel married on April 19th. 1718 to his cousin,
Princess Anna Maria Antonie of Liechtenstein. The couple would
have 5 children, who all died in childhood.
Joseph Wenzel died on February 10th. 1772 in Vienna (Austria).
Source picture: Wikpedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now