Margrethe Françoise Louise Helene was born on September 17th. 1895
at Bernstorff Palace in Denmark.
Her parents were Prince Valdemar of Denmark and Princess Marie of
Princess Margaret was thus a granddaughter of King Christian IX of
Denmark and Princess Louise of Hesse-Kassel (through her father).
Princess Margaret was raised as a Roman Catholic, the faith of her
Love and Marriage
On June 9th. 1921, Princess Margaret married in Copenhagen,
Prince René of Bourbon Parma.
Prince René of Bourbon Parma was the brother of Empress Zita
of Austria and of Felix, the Consort of Charlotte, Grand Duchess
of Luxembourg as well.
Prince René and Princess Margaret would have 4 children. One of
them, Anne, would marry King Michael I of Romania.
World War II
Most of the time, Princess Margaret and her husband lived in France.
However with the outbreak of World War II, they fled for the Nazi's.
After the war, the couple settled in Denmark. Princess Margaret died
in Copenhagen on September 18th. 1982 at the age of 97.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Books Magazines Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now