Leopold III, Duke of Austria was born on November 1st. 1351 in Vienna.
He was a member of the noble House of Habsburg.
His parents were Albert II 'The Wise' of Austria and Johanna of Pfirt. His
mother was 51 years old, when she gave birth to Leopold. Shortly after she
Love and Marriage
On February 23rd. 1365, Leopold married to Viridis Visconti. She was the
daughter of Bernabo Visconti, Lord of Milan and Beatrice Regina della Scala.
Leopold and Viridis would have 6 children.
Leopold was firstly administrator of Tyrol and he was charged (jointly) to rule
the Habsburg Lands.
However on September 9th. 1379, Leopold became the exclusive ruler of inter
alia: Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Windic March, and Gorizia.
In 1382 he even acquired Trieste.
Leopold died on July 9th. 1386, during the Battle of Sempach. He was
succeeded by his eldest son William.
Source picture: Wikipedia
- Home Page
- About me
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Books -Tv-programs & internet sites
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now