On 31 January 1938, a very noble girl was born at Soestdijk Palace in
Baarn, the Netherlands.
She received the names:
Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard
Princess Beatrix was the eldest daughter of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands
(then Princess) and Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld.
She belonged to the noble house of Orange-Nassau by birth. Through her
father she was a member of the noble house of Lippe.
Princess Beatrix was baptized in the Great Church of The Hague.
Her godparents were:
- King Leopold III of Belgium;
- Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone;
- Elisabeth, Princess of Erbach-Schönberg;
- Duke Adolf Friedrich of Mecklenburg;
- Countess Allene de Kotzebue.
Princess Beatrix has 3 sisters:
Love and Marriage
Queen Beatrix married on 10 March 1966 to Prince Claus.
They had 3 children:
On 30 April 1980, Queen Juliana abdicated and Princess Beatrix
became Queen of the Netherlands.
On 30 April 2013, Queen Beatrix abdicated in favour of her eldest
son, Willem-Alexander who became King of the Netherlands.
31 January 2018
Former Queen Beatrix still is a beloved and active princess even
she reached the noble age of 80 years!
These beautiful pictures were taken by a big admirer of the Former Queen
Beatrix: Oscar Meijer creator from the Dutch blog:
"De Staat van Oranje"
- Home Page
- About me
- Books, Magazines & Movies about Royal Family and history
- Royal Destinations in Europe
- Royal Families in the world
- Royal Fashion and Shopping
- Travels of Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) of Austria
- House of Habsburg
- History of Belgium & the Low Countries before 1830
- Belgium a Royal History - 1830 till now
- The Netherlands: A Royal History
- Royal families in Germany
- Royal History of France
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Children & Grandchildren) - (1)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Grandchildren) (2)
- Descendants of Queen Victoria (Great-Great Grandchildren) (3)
- Russia: House of Romanov 1600 -1762
- Russia: House of Romanov 1762 till 1917
- Russia: House of Romanov 1917 - now