my attention. Built in the amazing Victorian architectural style, the
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel really is a striking landmark.
|St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London - United Kingdom - Own picture|
George Gilbert Scott, who also designed the Albert Memorial in London.
* Between 1873 and 1935 it was used as the Midland Grand Hotel;
* 1873 opening of the east-wing
* Spring 1876 the rest of the hotel opened
* 1922: the hotel was taken by the London Midland and Scottish Railway
* Between 1935 and the 1980's it was used as Railway offices;
* 1990's: Restoration of the exterior
* 1996: the music video "Wannabe" of the Spice Girls was captured in the hotel
* March 14th. 2011 re-opening of the Hotel to guests, the formal opening took
place on May 5th., exactly 138 years after the first opening of the hotel.
Interesting Link about the hotel:
From the Telegraph: Link